Friday, July 31, 2015

So, yeah, its been over a year

For the 2+ followers we have out there...thanks for not giving up on us! It has been at least a year (more actually), I have seriously neglected the blog...but then again I do have 5 very mobile kids, ages 2 years old to 7 years old now...and, well, just haven't made it a priority. So I will do my best to bring you up to speed...

2014
It was a good year celebrating birthdays, anniversaries....





Visited Great Wolf Lodge in Charlotte, NC with the extended family...my 7 year old was the bravest of us all on the water slides!












Had a reunion with a volleyball team I played with 25 years ago in Hendersonville, NC at Rugby Junior High School...so fun to reconnect with these fabulous ladies.






 
Tried to soak up every moment of having a 1st grader, 2 preschoolers, and 2 toddlers.









Halloween was a lot of fun!

 I had two posts that I was going to publish in 2014 apparently...

'Mid Year Review' 
I was able to type one sentence in that post and gave up or got distracted most likely.

And the 2nd post...
'Where to begin and what to do'

Where do you begin when you begin a new year with so many little ones? Or what to do when you have so much to do? The past few years have encompassed a lot of changes for us- our move in 2012 from Greensboro back to Raleigh, and the birth of our second set of twins in 2013 - it has been a lot of change in what feels like a very short amount of time in retrospect.

So in an effort to keep it real I have resolved that this year (2014) - we will continue to change - but it will be a year of change through peace and contentment - more simply said - we need a break from all the MAJOR life changes and MAJOR stressors. The only major life change I want this year is through a time of peace, prayer, and reflection. That is my word this year - Peace - my prayer every day that  peace and contentment will be at the forefront of all my thoughts and decisions.

I also want to make an effort this year to pray for each one of my children specifically - specifically for their needs, their wants, their present, and their future. And for my ability to guide them, inspire them, and encourage them.


Not too bad, I think I did that for the most part in 2014...but that about sums it up...now loading my 2015 updates!

Lots of Love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment