Thursday, March 1, 2012

To drink soda, or not to drink soda...

that is the question...and after much stubborness and unwillingness to give it up for some crazy reason, I was forced into giving it up by a stomach bug the 1st of January...and I have to say, after the first few days, it wasn't so hard to resist it. And now I am glad that I did, because I have lost 10 pounds in 45 days, and kept it off. Everything fits better, and I actually feel better. Caffine is addictive though, and I know this, most people know this, but we still choose to drink it anyway. Not sure there are any real health benefits to it, we know it makes you hyperactive, it dehydrates you, it's full of sugar that just sticks to your body like a bad glue, and curbs your appetite to make you hungrier. But it does taste so good. Oh well, so long for now, for the second time in my life! I made the conscious decision 9 years ago to give it up while training for a half marathon, and saw really great results then too, but went back to it about a year after the race was over. But my will power is back! Soda, you won't get the best of me, not yet, and not right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment